For Samsung, their customer’s data is the top priority. They ensure in every possible manner that no unauthorized person is able to access the smartphone. For this they have incorporated touch ID, pass code and now even Face Recognition.
Beside these effective techniques to protect the data, there are couple of inbuilt features. These features further boost the security system. In this article, we are going to tell you all there is to know about these effective methods to increase your phone security.
These tips and tricks work for most Samsung cheap phones, you can try them on Samsung Galaxy S7, and other models. We understand the expensive the phone, the better the features. But now you can buy Samsung Galaxy S6 and refurbished Samsung Galaxy S7 at a very reasonable price at Alpha Smartphones.
It is a UK based company and is known for selling refurbished iPhones and used iPhones. Very soon the company is also going to start other mobile related services such as cheap mobile deals, sell your phone and much more.
Lock and Locate Your Refurbished Samsung Galaxy S6
You somehow managed to lose your cheap phone and now are worried that the data might get in wrong hands? If that is the case, you have nothing to be worried. You can easily lock your phone remotely and also locate it.
- First thing that you have to do is go to android.com/find. Once there select your device.
- Once the current mobile device is selected, you will be able to see the location of it. You can call on your device, lock it or erase data.
- Now to find the phone as quickly as possible, you can tell Google to Find My Phone.
Control the Access Different Apps will Have
If your phone is running Marshmallow and above, you can manage app permissions. You need to be careful as some apps may not work correctly once your turn off certain permissions. To do so, just follow the steps below.
- Make sure that you have registered your phone on Android/device manager.
- You will only then be able to ring, lock, erase and locate your mobile phone.
- Head to the Settings App, and from there tap on Device. Now tap on Apps, here you will see the list of all apps that are installed.
- To manage an app, tap on its respective icon. When you see the app info page, you need to tap on the Permission option. Here you will see the permission an app has.
- To change permission settings, tap on permission. Now toggle off the button to left in order to disable the current permissions. If you want to turn then on, toggle the button to right.
Protect your Information, but Share your Phone
If a friend is using a cheap phone, you can enter the guest mode. They will be able to use your phone, but they will not be able to gain access to your text messages and emails.
- The first thing that you need to do is Launch Quick Settings. You can do that by swiping from the top of the screen
- Look at the top right, you will see a user icon, tap on it. Then select the “add a guest” option. Now the Google Guest mode is on, let them use the phone as much as they like.
- Once they are done, tap the remove guest option and you will get your phone back.
- You can even delete all apps and data from the guest section by tapping on Remove option.
Grant Access to one App even When your Phone is Locked
If you want your friend to access just one app, you can pin it. Lock the phone and the person will only be able to access that particular app. isn’t this cool, you don’t have to worry about the fact that they might access your entire phone.
- The first thing that you need to do is Launch Quick Settings. You can do that by swiping from the top of the screen.
- At the top right, you will see the Setting cog icon, tap on it.
- In Settings, tap on Personal, then on Security and scroll down. At the bottom, you will be able to see the Screen Pinning option. Toggle right to enable this feature.
- Now open the apps that you would want to pin to the locked screen. Tap on the overview button, and finally to pin tap on the Pin icon.
- If you want to unpin it from the locked screen, tap on the overview button at the same time on the back button. Hold both these bottoms, you will be able to unpin the app.
A Security Refresh is Imperative
Time and again, we suggest that you give your device a security refresh. For that follow the steps below.
- Go to Home Screen, from there to Settings. Under Settings tap on Personal and then on Security.
- Now manage settings like device administration, encryption, and screen security.
Download Apps only from Google Play Store
It is important to keep your guards up, therefore, you need to make sure that you download apps only from Google Store in order to avoid malicious attacks on your Samsung Galaxy S6.
Samsung Galaxy S6 is a secure and cheap phone and you can make it even securer by following some effective techniques. Some of the features involve the ability to lock, track, and ring and erase your lost phone. All you have to do is register your phone on the device management website and you can remotely operate it.
Likewise, limit access to not only app but also of people. You can pin apps on the locked screen so that a friend can only access that particular app. You can even enable a guest mode, in which the other users won’t have access to your emails and text messages. For apps, you can manage their permissions.